The Upgraded 2017 COBRA Election No Premium 45 Day Notice Covers the Fundamentals and More Importantly the Attack Points!
In the COBRA world you have the “offer” of group health insurance continuation coverage, the “acceptance” of the offer by receiving a signed election form, and the payment of the initial group health insurance premium is the third and critical step called the “consideration”. You must have all three to have a legally binding contract. When you receive an election, but no premium, the next step you take is crucial to your COBRA administration procedures. Sending the COBRA Election No Premium 45 Day Notice!
Not only does the downloadable model cover the fundamentals but with the addition of several street level sentences and paragraphs, the model protects the employer from several more attack points.
- The “Postmark” Rule - specifically details the postmark dates that premiums have to be mailed by!
- Acknowledgement of no reinstatement until the initial premium is paid!
- All premiums and coverage are retroactive! Covers the question, “do I have to pay you all the way back?” Answer - YES! But I didn’t have any claims? Good for you!
- Reasonable procedures for notification of second events and disability extensions!
- Marketplace individual plan open enrollment period!
- Warning about paying near the end of the 45 day grace period and protection procedures!
- Date on the premium check is of no value!
- Call within five days to insurance premium has been received!
- No late or partial premiums accepted!
- And more!
Order today and get ALL of the following sample letters & notices:
Matt has been providing sample COBRA notices and communication letters for decades. By combining the required DOL final COBRA notification regulations with his 28 years of seminar experience, his notices go well beyond the DOL models. His prototypes have been used by thousands of companies in successfully administering COBRA. <Read More>